Westin St. Francis
A historic landmark building directly overlooking Union Square, The Westin St. Francis San Francisco is one of the largest hotels in the city, featuring an impressive 1,229 luxury accommodations. Since first opening in 1904, the San Francisco Westin St. Francis Hotel has been providing luxury and world-class service to travelers. Following a $40 million renovation in 2009, where approximately $12 million was invested in the transformation of the rooms and public areas in the original Main Building, this legendary hotel maintains its position as one of the city’s best and most loved luxury hotels.
Located on Union Square near Market Street, The Westin Saint Francis offers outstanding access to recreation, shopping, dining and entertainment both on-site and just outside the hotel. Spend the day shopping for some of the world’s most renowned designer apparel, enjoy fine dining the San Francisco way or simply stay in and relax after a busy day of meetings or sightseeing. Business travelers and vacationers looking to relax will breathe a sigh of relief in The St. Francis Renewal & WestinWORKOUT®, a 4,600 square foot facility offering every spa treatment and fitness experience guests could desire.
Housing four of the city’s top dining establishments, The Westin Union Square San Francisco offers distinct dining experiences guaranteed to be memorable. BOURBON STEAK, an award-winning steakhouse from Michael Mina, features fresh seasonal West Coast ingredients and some of the best cuts of beef in the western hemisphere. An elegant setting and casual dining can be found at The Oak Room, serving American favorites with an international flair and for the lighter appetite, a specialty coffee or innovative cocktail options, guests can visit Caruso’s or Clock Bar; these two venues offer a sophisticated setting in which to sit back and relax or socialize.
Experience the grandeur of the past coupled with modern conveniences
• San Francisco’s only hotel located on Union Square in the heart of the city
• One of San Francisco’s largest and oldest hotels
• Spacious 6,000 square foot main lobby featuring the famous Great Magneta Clock
• The St. Francis Renewal & two-story WestinWORKOUT® facility
• Award-winning BOURBON STEAK, opened by internationally acclaimed chef and restaurateur Michael Mina
• Eco-friendly products and practices
• Dog-friendly luxury hotel
• Over 56,000 square feet of function space
Modern or historic? Enjoy the best of both worlds.
At The Westin St. Francis, the choice is yours. Stay in the historic Main Building, which boasts high-ceilinged rooms and crown molding or reserve a more modern room or suite in the Tower which features a more contemporary design. No matter what building you choose, all 1,229 suites and rooms at this breathtaking San Francisco mainstay offer trademark Westin Heavenly Bed and Heavenly Baths and special touches like Starbucks brand coffee and marble bathrooms.
More than a hotel, The Westin St. Francis is a San Francisco mainstay
Stay at a San Francisco treasure that has kept watch over Union Square since 1904. Call now to book The Westin San Francisco and discover a breathtaking historic masterpiece in the heart of the city.
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Overlooking Union Square in downtown San Francisco, the Westin St. Francis Hotel is just minutes from Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf and the Financial District
- 30 - 35 minutes driving time (approximately 15 miles) from San Francisco International Airport
- 40 - 45 minutes driving time (approximately 19 miles) from Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- 1 hour 15 minutes driving time (approximately 47 miles) from San Jose International Airport
335 Powell Street
San Francisco, California