Originally built in 1875, the Palace Hotel was at the time, reportedly the most luxurious and costly hotel in the world. Completely rebuilt after the devastating April 18, 1906 great quake, the Palace San Francisco Hotel reopened in 1909 reassuming its elite position in the hospitality industry. Throughout the years, the Palace Hotel has hosted numerous dignitaries and celebrities alike including Presidents Harrison, McKinley, Grant, Theodore Roosevelt, Harding, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Bill Clinton. Recently renovated yet maintaining its Beaux Arts features, the Palace Hotel San Francisco pays homage to the traditional elegance that has made this luxury property a favorite for so many years. With a prime location directly on Market Street near San Francisco cable car access, the award-winning Palace SF is conveniently placed for both the business and leisure traveler.
Whether traveling with that special someone or for the purpose of a family vacation, the San Francisco Palace Hotel offers the ultimate luxury experience. Rain or shine guests can enjoy a swim under the sun or stars in the sky-lit indoor heated pool, soak in the whirlpool or relax in the eucalyptus sauna. Ease away daily tensions in an elegant chaise lounge chair under the phenomenal arched glass ceiling.
The only indoor historic landmark in San Francisco, the Garden Court is a must-dine venue for any culinary connoisseur. Serving breakfast and lunch under the glass-domed atrium, the famed Garden Court has been providing scrumptious cuisine since 1909. Visit Pied Piper Bar & Grill for a diverse and exceptional dinner and drink menu, sure to suit any appetite.
The Grand Dame of historic San Francisco hotels
• Located on Market Street, three blocks from Union Square and features a BART station right outside the front doors
• Sky-lit indoor heated pool, whirlpool and eucalyptus sauna
• Complimentary fitness center overlooking the sky-lit pool
• Two spectacular restaurants: Garden Court and Pied Piper Bar & Grill
• Artist Maxfield Parrish was commissioned to paint the famed 16-foot mural "The Pied Piper of Hamlin” in 1909
• All rooms have 14-foot ceilings and windows that open
• Pet-friendly luxury hotel
• 53,000 square feet of flexible meeting space
Warm and welcoming for over 100 years
Welcoming and inviting, the Palace Hotel’s luxury accommodation feature traditional décor in soft creams and yellows along with soaring 14-foot-high ceilings. Complimentary amenities like daily newspapers and bottled water make the Palace Hotel San Francisco the ultimate luxury hotel for comfort and convenience. Whether staying in a Superior Room or Deluxe Suite, guests enjoy unmatched sophistication.
Experience the hotel’s tradition of excellence and elegance
Featuring vaulted archways, ornate ceilings and crystal chandeliers, the Palace Hotel San Francisco is truly a – “Palace.” Stay in an iconic luxury hotel just three blocks from Union Square, an ideal hotel for an authentic San Francisco experience. Call now for the Palace San Francisco Hotel room rates.
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Located a few blocks from Union Square, the Embarcadero Ferry Building and the nine-level Westfield Shopping Center, with the Museum of Modern Art just two blocks away
- 25 - 30 minutes driving time (approximately 14 miles) from San Francisco International Airport
- 35 - 40 minutes driving time (approximately 19 miles) from Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- 1 hour 10 minutes driving time (approximately 46 miles) from San Jose International Airport
2 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, California