InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Perched atop Nob Hill overlooking San Francisco, The Mark Hopkins Hotel is one of the city’s most historic and grand landmarks. When the hotel opened its doors on December 4, 1926, it was declared “architecturally perfect” and “strikingly representative of the best there is in modern hostelry” by San Franciscans. Today, after numerous restorations and enhancements, the award-winning InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel San Francisco retains the original character of old-world luxury and style and graciously combines this with new-world amenities and services. Standing tall at the prestigious address of One Nob Hill, this 4.5 star luxury hotel offers classic elegance and a prime location from which to discover San Francisco. An environmentally conscious luxury hotel, the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins Hotel has consistently been a leader in the hospitality industry.
Aptly named, the Top of the Mark sky lounge is decidedly one of San Francisco’s best locations to look down at the rest of the city – located at the top of The Mark Hopkins Hotel. For over 70 years, this 19th floor lounge has been a San Francisco mainstay, offering breathtaking views of the city and its famous 100 Martinis menu. Sip on a signature martini and gaze out at the stunning sights of the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz Island and beyond. For guests’ enjoyment, live entertainment is featured five nights a week.
The Mark Hopkins Hotel; the Gracious Grand Dame on Nob Hill
• Situated at the top of Nob Hill, central to all major attractions and at the intersection of three cable car lines
• Legendary Top of the Mark sky lounge, offering near-360 degree vistas and a famous 100 Martinis menu
• Every guestroom affords a city view; there are no interior views
• Complimentary fitness center open 24 hours
• 24-hour business center
• Pet-friendly luxury hotel
A historic landmark with modern conveniences
Elegant design including fine fabrics and rich woods as well as state-of-the-art technology combine to make The Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel, the ideal mix of traditional and modern appeal. Guests enjoy an electronic temperature, lighting and housekeeping communication system – just one of the many technologically advanced features of each accommodation. Many rooms offer views of the Golden Gate or Bay Bridge and for a truly memorable experience, guests have the option of booking a Club Floor room complete with food and beverage presentations and access to the exclusive Club Lounge.
Stay in one of San Francisco’s grandest hotels
Overlook downtown San Francisco at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel. Well-appointed rooms that blend historic charm and modern conveniences and world-famous services ensure that your stay will be comfortable and memorable. Call to book The Mark Hopkins Hotel in San Francisco today!
Press, Accolades & Awards
- This landmark hotel, located at the crest of Nob Hill, is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown and the Financial District with the Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman's Wharf, short drives away
- 30 - 35 minutes driving time (approximately 15 miles) from San Francisco International Airport
- 40 - 45 minutes driving time (approximately 19 miles) from Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- 1 hour 15 minutes driving time (approximately 47 miles) from San Jose International Airport
One Nob Hill
San Francisco, California