A member of the Morgans Hotel Group, Clift San Francisco is situated just two blocks from the city’s most desired location, Union Square. Housed in a nearly century-old building with a classic stone exterior, the Clift Hotel surprises guests and visitors alike with its daring design, attempting to bridge the gap between fantasy and reality. Since its opening in 2001, the 4 star Clift San Francisco is often described as a “wonderland for the jet set,” sweeping guests away to a whimsical wonderland that only Morgans Hotel Group could effortlessly imagine.
San Francisco nightlife has never been more glamorous than at Clift San Francisco. Experience the famous Redwood Room, a historic San Francisco landmark recently restored. This stunning lounge offers a hip social vibe and gorgeous décor including original redwood paneling and an enormous bar. Complementing the Redwood Room, the Velvet Room serves breakfast and dinner daily. Guests are invited to savor expertly prepared cuisine within an elegant venue perfect for a relaxing meal or meeting with friends and enjoying a selection of small plates.
One of San Francisco’s most glamorous and trendy hotels
• Prime San Francisco location near Union Square, Nob Hill and Yerba Beuna Gardens
• A Morgans Hotel creatively designed by Philippe Starck
• Complimentary 24-hour fitness center, The Gym at Clift featuring natural lighting
• Redwood Room, a famous and historic San Francisco landmark
• Pet-friendly luxury hotel
Modern surrealism meets historic elegance at the Clift Hotel
Philippe Starck's minimalist design and use of wall-to-wall mirrors makes every suite and room feel light and airy resulting in an overall soothing atmosphere. Featuring a neutral color palette dotted with lavender accents, Clift Hotel’s luxury accommodations are second-to-none in the Bay area. Guests can expect Morgans Hotel Group’s playfully stocked mini bar items, custom-designed furniture, 400 thread count Egyptian cotton bedding, high ceilings and large windows, all coming together to offer the utmost comfort.
A dream-like hotel… but this is not a dream
Seemingly a manifestation of one of Philippe Starck’s dreams, the Clift San Francisco is a hotel experience like no other. The hotel’s glowing purple entryway welcomes its guests and it is apparent then, that the Clift will pleasantly surprise and delight even the most discerning travelers. Call to book the Clift Hotel San Francisco now.
Press, Accolades & Awards
- Located in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square
- 25 - 30 minutes driving time (approximately 15 miles) from San Francisco International Airport
- 40 - 45 minutes driving time (approximately 20 miles) from Metropolitan Oakland International Airport
- 1 hour 10 minutes driving time (approximately 46 miles) from San Jose International Airport
495 Geary Street
San Francisco, California